BlackAmericaWeb.com has an opportunity for a forward thinking, creative-minded person who has the ability to multitask and create timely, engaging content for the web and other digital platforms.
Candidate must be abreast on the latest in pop culture and new media technology. We are looking for someone who can get their hands dirty in social media, web content and other new media platforms.
One of kind opportunity to gain real world experience while demonstrating talents and developing skills for leading site in African-American news & lifestyle, complemented by a news generating broadcast network – we make news every day.
- Brainstorm, write, edit and produce content for BlackAmericaWeb.com and associated REACH Media sites
- Assist with any social media needs
- Possibly work with graphic and web projects in conjunction with Creative Services staff
- Organize and maintain print and electronic files for the group
- Help with day-to-day administrative tasks
- 1-3 years of experience creating editorial content
- Proven ability to create compelling, shareable web content
- Ability to multitask and adjust when new tasks are thrown at them
- Works well with a team but also able to work independently
Eligibility: A candidate must be a graduate student or an undergraduate student currently enrolled in a four-year accredited college or university or a Junior or Senior in High School.
General Information: Interns are expected to work between 20 and 40 hours a week during an 8-to-10 week internship period. Internships are offered during the Summer, Fall, and Spring semesters. This is an unpaid internship and it is only offered for school credit. Interns will receive academic credit with an agreement between the REACH Media Human Resources Department and the intern’s college or university. All interns are subject to the applicable REACH Media employee rules. Students will be responsible living expenses including housing, transportation and meals. BlackAmericaWeb.com is based in Dallas, TX.
Application Procedures: Candidates must complete an application form and submit it along with a cover letter and resume. Some internship positions require additional application items, such as writing samples or portfolios. All application items must be submitted as a complete package. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Please send submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org